Home Automation- Is Your Home a Smart One
What is the Need for Smart Home
Recognize this device? This is one of the first technology used for distant communication. You might still feel nostalgic while seeing this but for your children, it’s just a thing to be put in a museum. You know why? Because it is old, it is taken over by its 10 times advanced version. Ever since the evolution of mankind, there has been a constant endeavor to achieve higher goal and objectives by human beings. What is perceived as regular work become mundane work over a period of time and people lose interest in carrying out the perceived regular work and look for automation as it becomes repetitive. Here are some more reasons for you to make your home a smart one.
- Know your family is home safely: Video monitoring services let you make sure that people you love are home and
- Forgot to put off the gas: The control provided in your phone assures you of unintentional mistakes and empowers you to correct them whenever
- Kids locked out of the house: Imagine you are at your office working and your kids are home with no one inside and they also left the key. Door lock/unlock feature from your smartphone makes sure they don’t stay a second unguarded.
- Live independently as a senior: The days are gone when our parents used to say, “Help I have fallen, please come and pick me up”. Thankfully because of technology senior citizens of our society can live alone with their head held
- Feeling Lazy: Don’t worry you will get all the help you Voice control features lets your devices order food for you and sparing you the pain of getting up and do all the things.
Evolution through Home Automation
According to a Harvard study, a millennial or we pose an attention span of about 8 seconds. The study further elaborates that millennials have a very short retention (Millennials are more forgetful than seniors). People are putting repetitive stuff at the back of their mind and letting it go since technology is taking care of it for them. At the same time, much of the repetitive work demand more workforce and more cost to carry out the work. As an alternative people invent the machine which replaces human beings to minimize the cost of operation and that is how the regular homework at one point of time has been replaced by machine and process is on to innovate new ideas and solution to meets the requirements and minimize the cost. In today’s busy and hectic lifestyle human cost has been a major factor in deciding what can be done for safety and what can be left alone without due consideration.
Considering the overall situation in the society and the urban lifestyle anti-social elements are taking undue advantage and damaging social trust among the people.
Focus areas of Home Automation
Since the inception of Home Automation, its services offered tried to focus on the repetitive and mundane tasks performed by a human. It also emphasized the security aspect of its features.
Some of the key areas:
- Safety of senior citizens and parents
- Safety of children
- Taking care of patients
- Surveillance of specific area during a specific time
- Gas Leakage/ Fire at Home
- Face Recognition
- Energy Conservation
- Remote control of electrical appliances
- Remote help through different means
- Automating operations through sensors like Temperature/Humidity controls
- Maximizing the durability of electrical appliances
- Applying AI to further automate appliance controls